- The community in Gautier, Mississippi, came together for a candlelight vigil dedicated to honoring the lives of Sedhari Watson-Person and Kyla Watkins. The two young women tragically lost their lives in a car accident, prompting a heartfelt gathering to pay respects.
- Tatyanna Richmond, a fellow passenger, is currently undergoing treatment in the hospital, emphasizing the somber aftermath of the incident. All three, cheerleaders from Gautier High School and students at MGCCC Perkinson Campus, shared strong ties within the community.
- Amidst this challenging time, the local school districts and MGCCC have rallied behind the grieving families, showcasing a united front of support. The impact of these young women, specifically as cheerleaders at Gautier High School, resonates deeply within the community.
- The girls are fondly remembered for their positive influence on peers, leaving an indelible mark through their roles as cheerleaders. Their vibrant spirits and contributions to the community are celebrated and cherished by those who knew them.
- As the community mourns, funeral arrangements for Sedhari Watson-Person and Kyla Watkins are currently in the process of being finalized, allowing friends and family to come together to bid a final farewell.
- Breaking News: Occasional showers and storms Saturday, with the possibility of larger storms Sunday morning
- Remembering the December 2017 Big Alabama snowstorm