According to court records and reports by Al.com, six individuals have been indicted by a federal grand jury for their involvement in a murder-for-hire plot. This scheme led to the deaths of two people and multiple injuries, resulting from shootings that took place at two nightclubs in Mobile and another outside the Scarlet Pearl Casino in D’Iberville.
Six individuals have been named as defendants in a nine-count federal indictment that was recently unsealed in federal court in Mobile. The individuals have been identified as John Fitzgerald McCarroll, Reginald Denis Alan Fluker, Darrius Dwayne Rowswer, Karmelo Cortez Morris Derks, Jimaurice Pierce, and Lyteria Iseeia Hollis as stated in court papers.
Three shootings, including incidents at Bank Nightclub and Paparazzi Club in Mobile, have resulted in charges being filed. Another shooting occurred outside a Mississippi Coast casino, which tragically resulted in the death of Nicholaus “Nick” Craig, a California resident originally from Mobile.
According to Fox News, Derek Shavers was the individual who lost his life in the shooting incident that occurred at the Bank Nightclub in Alabama on September 18, 2022. The shooting also left four other individuals wounded.
Court records indicate that McCarroll was believed to be the orchestrator of a murder-for-hire plot, although the specifics of the conspiracy remain unclear.
According to the documents, McCarroll, Fluker, Rowser, Pierce, and Hollis have been indicted on a federal charge of conspiracy to commit murder. Additionally, there are other charges being brought against them. Let’s take a closer look at those charges:
- McCarroll Jr., aka “Juvie,” was indicted on two additional counts of murder for hire, obstruction, and tampering with a witness.
- Fluker, known as Richie Mill, was indicted on an additional charge of murder for hire
- Rowser was indicted on additional charges of murder for hire, conspiracy to commit carjacking and interstate transportation of a stolen vehicle
- Pierce was indicted on additional charges of illegal possession of a machine gun and possession of an unregistered 9 mm pistol
- Derks was indicted on additional charges of conspiracy to commit carjacking and interstate transportation of a stolen vehicle
- Hollis, identified by authorities as McCarrol’s girlfriend, was indicted on charges of obstruction and tampering with a witness.
According to Al.com, McCarroll and Rowser are currently facing additional state charges in Mobile in connection with a shooting at the Paparazzi Club that occurred in November.
Rowser and Derks have been charged with murder in Mississippi for Craig’s killing in D’Iberville on September 21, 2022. The victim was celebrating his birthday on the night he was killed.
The suspects are facing federal charges of conspiracy to commit carjacking and interstate transportation of a stolen vehicle. Both of these charges are a result of the suspects’ use of a stolen 2010 blue Nissan Altima. The authorities have confirmed that the suspects drove this stolen vehicle from Mobile to D’Iberville, where Craig tragically lost his life.
In September of 2022, four people were injured in Mobile in connection with a murder-for-hire scheme, which is among the charges being brought against the individual in question. Additionally, the individual is also being charged in connection with a shooting that occurred at the Bank Night Club, resulting in the death of Derek Shavers and injuries to others.