On Monday morning, a social justice activist from East Bridgewater was fatally stabbed in Brooklyn, and the NYPD has confirmed that a suspect is in custody.
Ryan Carson and his girlfriend were reportedly seated at a bus stop in Brooklyn when 18-year-old Brian Dowling approached them and confronted them. On surveillance footage, Carson is seen attempting to de-escalate the situation before falling to the ground and allegedly being fatally stabbed three times by Dowling.
Thursday, Dowling was captured after fleeing the crime scene. The police believe the attack was random.
- Carson was well-known in New York City for his activism over the past decade, particularly in recycling and combating opioid overdoses. On social media, Mayor Eric Adams and Senator Chuck Schumer recalled him.
- Second brother admits stabbing man to death in New Jersey and dumping his body in the woods.
- Victims Shot to Death Walking Dog near NYC park; one was previously targeted in home invasion
- Woman Receives Longer Sentence than Anticipated for Pushing Broadway Coach Resulting in His Death
- Bronx day care center sees another arrest in connection to toddler’s death linked to fentanyl