Friend watched as man was stabbed to death in Queens bar

Suspect’s relative tells cops that man who was stabbed to death in Queens bar had a history of becoming violent

According to police reports on Tuesday, a close friend of a man fatally stabbed in a Queens bar fight witnessed the attacker strike him from behind. The incident is currently under investigation.

According to witnesses, Jason Schuler approached Elliot Ortiz from behind and punched him in the head without any prior argument. The incident occurred on Sunday at around 9:50 p.m. on the back deck of Kelly’s Pub, located at 41st Ave. near Main St. in Flushing. As reported by the cops, the attack happened suddenly without any warning. The incident was reported to the detectives, who are investigating it.

According to Chief of Detectives Joseph Kenny, during a press briefing on Tuesday, one of Ortiz’s acquaintances at the bar getting a drink noticed the argument taking place. Ortiz is 45 years old.

According to the reports, Ortiz didn’t back down but instead fought back by using his knife to stab Schuler multiple times.

Upon arrival, the officers discovered Ortiz at the bar’s entrance, suffering from a severe head laceration caused by a stabbing. Despite being promptly transported to New York-Presbyterian Hospital Queens, he unfortunately succumbed to his injuries.

Upon arriving at the scene, authorities discovered that Schuler, who is 39 years old, was injured on the street just outside the bar. He was immediately transported to the hospital for treatment and was later released after receiving medical care.

According to a relative of Schuler, the reason behind the fight is still being investigated by the police. However, the relative did disclose that Schuler is not permitted to consume alcohol due to his tendency to become uncontrollable when under the influence.

On Monday, Schuler found himself facing some serious charges as he was charged with both murder and weapon possession at the 109th precinct stationhouse located in Flushing.

On Tuesday afternoon, authorities brought him to Queens Criminal Court, where he is set to face the charges. As of Tuesday night, his arraignment was still pending.

Also Read:

Similar Posts

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *