Mooresville, Kansas is a small town located in the northeastern part of the state. It is known for its charming atmosphere and its rich history. However, Mooresville is also known for something else: it is said to be the most haunted place in Kansas.
There are many reasons why Mooresville is known as a haunted town. One reason is that it has a long and tragic history. The town was founded in 1887, and it quickly became a popular destination for settlers. However, in 1892, a tornado struck Mooresville, killing 11 people and destroying much of the town.
Another reason why Mooresville is said to be haunted is that it has been the site of many violent crimes over the years. In 1927, a man named Charles Starkweather murdered 11 people in Mooresville and the surrounding area. Starkweather’s crimes shocked the nation, and they helped to solidify Mooresville’s reputation as a haunted town.
Haunted locations in Mooresville
There are many haunted locations in Mooresville, but some of the most well-known include:
- The Mooresville Hotel: The Mooresville Hotel was built in 1889, and it is one of the oldest buildings in town. It is said to be haunted by the ghosts of former guests and employees.
- The Mooresville Sanatorium: The Mooresville Sanatorium was a tuberculosis hospital that operated from 1907 to 1956. It is said to be haunted by the ghosts of former patients who died there.
- The Mooresville Cemetery: The Mooresville Cemetery is the burial place of many of the town’s early settlers, including some of the victims of the 1892 tornado. It is said to be haunted by the ghosts of the dead.
Paranormal investigations in Mooresville
Over the years, many paranormal investigators have visited Mooresville to investigate its haunted locations. Some of the most well-known paranormal groups that have investigated Mooresville include:
- The Kansas Paranormal Investigators: The Kansas Paranormal Investigators is a group of paranormal investigators who are based in Wichita, Kansas. They have investigated many haunted locations in Kansas, including the Mooresville Hotel and the Mooresville Sanatorium.
- The Midwest Paranormal Society: The Midwest Paranormal Society is a group of paranormal investigators who are based in Kansas City, Missouri. They have investigated many haunted locations in the Midwest, including the Mooresville Cemetery.
- The Haunted Heartland: The Haunted Heartland is a television show that airs on the Travel Channel. The show features a team of paranormal investigators who travel to different parts of the country to investigate haunted locations. They have investigated many haunted locations in Kansas, including the Mooresville Hotel and the Mooresville Sanatorium.
Is Mooresville, Kansas really the most haunted place in Kansas? It is impossible to say for sure. However, there is no doubt that Mooresville has a long and tragic history, and it is home to many haunted locations. If you are interested in the paranormal, Mooresville is definitely a place worth visiting.
However, it is important to remember that Mooresville is still a residential town, and it is important to respect the privacy of the residents. If you are planning to visit Mooresville, please be respectful of the town and its residents.