In Operation Big Easy, public safety officials revealed that they were able to apprehend 30 individuals and seize 71 firearms along with various drugs.
Several agencies, including the ATF, DEA, Louisiana State Police, the City of New Orleans’ Mayors Office of Criminal Justice Coordination, the New Orleans Police Department, the Orleans Parish District Attorney’s Office, the U.S. Marshals Service, and the Louisiana Office of Alcohol and Tobacco Control, collaborated for Operation Big Easy.
Seven neighborhoods in New Orleans have been identified as hotspots for guns through this initiative.
During a press conference held on October 20th, authorities reported that 30 individuals had been apprehended, while 12 others are still at large.
The seven neighborhoods witnessed the purchase of guns and drugs by undercover ATF agents.
Here is what they were able to retrieve:
- 71 guns
- Half a kilogram of cocaine hydrochloride and crack
- Half a kilogram of meth
- Over two kilograms of a heroin and fentanyl mix
- NJ Felony Receives 19-Year Prison Sentence for Concealing Guns and Drugs in Vehicle
- Deputies at Orleans Justice Center suspended following assault on detainee.
- NYC Man accused of hate crime for assaulting bus rider wearing turban